- IIPS- WHO Project: As research Officer, 2002 Jan- March.
- IIPS as Ad- Hoc Lecturer in 2002, April-2005 Nov
- Banaras Hindu University as Assistant Professor-2005, Nov-2008 Feb.
- IIPS as Assistant Professor 2008, March- 2017 Nov IIPS,
- Associate Professor, 2017-2020
- University of Harvard, USA
- University of California, LA, USA
- RAND corporation, USA
- University of Michigan, USA
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Karachi, Pakistan
- Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- International Union for the Scientific Study of Population.
- Population Association of America.
- Indian Association for the Study of Population.
- Geographical Society of India, Banaras Hindu University.
- Geographical Society of India, Calcutta.
- Members of PERN which is a panel of The International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP) and a sustained partner of Future Earth.
- Member contributor: Global Burden of Disease (GBD) studies.
Major Projects completed:
- Comprehensive Nutrition Survey in Maharashtra (2013, funded by UNICEF)
- Are urban poor doing better than their rural Counterparts: a study of some Development indicators (2010, GOI)
- Sex Preference in relation to Child Mortality and Fertility (2008, GOI)
- Women’s Vulnerability to STI/HIV in India: Findings of the CHARCA Baseline Survey, (2005, UN organizations)
- Causes of anaemia among women in the eastern region of India (2005, GOI)
- Enhancing Capability to Apply Research Evidence in Policy Making -Welcome Trust Funded Project (CORT_ IIPS- NIHFW) (since 2012)
- Comprehensive nutrition survey in Gujarat (since Nov,2013) Government of Gujarat
- SAFAR (System of Air quality forecasting and research (IIPS - IITM) (Dec, 2013)
- Population- Environment- Settlement ( Pop- Envis) MoEF CC ( since June 2013)
- Longitudinal Aging Study in India (LASI)- Wave I, Government of India, NIA & UCLA, USA; UNFPA
- Longitudinal Aging Study in India (LASI) GOI, (since 2014 Feb) – WAVE II
- Historical Perspective of division of the Districts and its impact on Development (Since 2014 May)